ms.GIS has a long history in supporting engineers and operators (like ILF) with GIS services, tools and components during all phases of Pipeline & Utility projects.
To guarantee the most efficient support in all phases, we developed the Pipeline Information Platform (PIP), an integrated set of software modules based on the CORE3 technology.
Pipelines (oil, gas, water, products) represent the backbones of the world-wide energy systems. Being assets of large economic value they require comprehensive technical information systems to support manifold business processes and to optimize all sorts of operational issues, especially maintenance, HSE (health safety and environment) and emergency incident management.
Due to the further increasing demand of energy and the respective strengthening of the main energy corridors, some important new projects are currently under way (e.g. the Nabucco Gas Pipeline Project, which has been initiated to enhance the gas supply of the upcoming decades for Europe). As such new projects represent an immense task of planning considering a lot of technical, legal and environmental aspects, the establishment of GIS based information systems pays off from the very beginning of such pipeline projects.
To support all phases of pipeline projects lifecycles, namely design, construction and operation, ms.GIS has developed a comprehensive and flexible architecture of PIP (pipeline information platform), based on sound GIS products and proven CORE3 technology.
Through PIP all parties involved (owner, engineers, land owners, public authorities, banks, construction and service companies) may heavily profit from the shared redundancy free base of information throughout all project phases.
- Pipeline route information inclusive technical installations (valves, stations, ..)
- third party lines – crossings with streets, railways, rivers and other linear assets
- environmental regions and constraints
- real estate information about parcels, land usage, owners and other to evaluate ROW (right of way)
- base maps including satellite images and 3D elevation models
- design, routing, mapping (alignment sheets, profiles)
- environmental and technical simulations (e.g. hydraulic)
- material management (e.g. PHS pipe handling system) & construction support
- operation (pipe book, maintenance, risk- and integrity modeling, SCADA, etc.)
Public utility companies (water, sewage, power supply, lighting, gas, and telecommunication) envision an increasing pressure to streamline their processes (e.g. operation, repair, customer support, emergency management) and to further optimize their technical operations regarding their valuable network assets. By means of a GIS based information system these companies make usage of comprehensive and up-to-date information to optimize their processes and thereby the CAPEX and OPEX cost drivers.